Monday, October 03, 2005

adelphia are crap

Well, I can't comment on the quality of programming or reception, but I can say for sure that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I've just wasted a whole morning waiting to get cable installed. On phoning them to check when the installation guy would turn up, I found out that they had me scheduled for the 5th of October, even though I had been told the appointment was for the 3rd. Wankers.

Add to that the fact that I had to phone twice because the first operator was either blatantly ignoring me or she genuinely couldn't hear me, and so put the phone down even though I'd been through their entire crappy recorded message crap just to speak to someone.

That's not the end of it. I was told that a work order would be submitted to the technical team, who would call me within 30 min and let me know if they could arrive today. After that 30 min period, I called back to find out from a different operator that would have been impossible anyway (probably because they're all a bunch of incompetent whatevers). So, we're now rescheduled for the 10th, between 0800 and 1000h. (And why is it that some operators are dead nice though incompetent, and others are just downright nasty? You know, the ones who use the words "sorry" like it's an insult... It's a crap job, I know. But if they got it right in the first place, they wouldn't have to keep covering their bloody big backsides.)

So, chalk that up to yet another crappy day in America. Adelphia sucks. If they miss the new appointment, I'm going elsewhere. And I didn't even want cable in the first bloody place.

Edit: Looking back a few hours later, I'm still annoyed, but am slightly sorry for using so many swear words. No, actually, I'm not. Bloody Adelphia. Tossers, the lot of them.

Technorati tags: .

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger santos. said...

try googling "adelphia sucks" sometime. do you know of their previous (yet continuing) legal woes? i think you're stuck for cable companies wherever you live in los angeles, i don't think you can pick and choose freely. there's always satellite dish.

Tue Oct 04, 09:48:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger akatsukira said...

[hysterical laughter]

i remember reading something on their website (some faq page) about the problems they were having, but i can't seem to find it again.

you're right about the lack of choice... but i'm mainly getting this so i can watch commander in chief (and so P can watch the 2nd season of Lost, which he seems to be addicted to). but by the time the bastards install my line, i'll have missed 2 weeks.

Tue Oct 04, 09:55:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger akatsukira said...

had to add the technorati tag... these guys are so bad, they're actually quite funny...

Tue Oct 04, 10:05:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger santos. said...

just caught the premiere of commander in chief a couple of nights ago. i'm actually cutting my quickie trip to manila short so i can come back in time to watch it :P

you need tivo. also, if you are an avid dvd watcher, do you know about netflix?

Tue Oct 04, 06:33:00 pm GMT-7  
Blogger akatsukira said...

Cutting a holiday short to watch a TV show? Gasp! (Although I know what it's like; I nearly didn't go to France when I realised the new season of Spooks was starting.)

This netflix sounds like a pretty good deal, but I'm sorted for DVDs at the moment. There's a wee video store (a video store named desire) a few blocks away that has a superb range, including foreign flicks, and rents most of them out for a dollar. Also, it gets me off the couch every few nights...

As for tivo, still wondering if it's worth the money...

Wed Oct 05, 12:06:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger santos. said...

when i say cut short, i meant i took the morning flight, not the afternoon flight, so it wasn't that extreme :)

i am a true tivo fan when i'm in la--not only does it save programs for you, but you can rewind programs while you watch them, just in case you missed a bit. great for sports and instant replays. however, on guam, the non-tivo land, i don't really think about it at all.

ah, i see adelphia is living up to its reputation....

Mon Oct 10, 09:38:00 am GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home